Monday, November 16, 2009

that just happened...

Dear Fate, Karma, Destiny, Luck, and Serendipity,

Thank you for putting me in the right place at the right time on so many occasions. You let me half-way plug my headphones into my comp to listen to music in a quiet but full coffee shop meaning I unknowingly blared my tunes to the public world instead of a random moment on my couch. You allowed me the pleasure of a fiery attack by an ant biting me in my crotch-al region on a midnight date in the middle of campus instead of a moment alone-so I just decided to grin and bare it while trying to walk it off. You made sure that the guy who gave me the award of "Best Kisser" in a contest was the very same guy to make fun of the way I kissed him a year later. You are the one who let one guy practically propose to me within the same hour a different guy was trying to confess his feelings for me in a song, and neither went well... You even made sure that only time I ever "flashed" someone definitely had to be a preacher who literally just preached an amazing salvation sermon and decided to walk around the back of the building to probably pray and just happened to run into me trying to change my clothes for Late Nite at SL Camp at Orange Beach...

However, I think tonight YOU just "took the cake" as they say. (which on a side note saying someone "took the cake" doesn't even make sense to me..) Yep. Yesterday I went around with blurry vision all day from some random reason. I actually have perfect vision so this was a really weird and bothersome day... BUT here's where YOU came in. Today I had perfect vision. Thanks.... This played into my favor as Veronica and I returned from our outing tonight of seeing a show at Second City... See... we were walking up the stairs on the back of our building... and I was wearing my sunglasses... because I'm cool like that... (no really I just was trying to not leave them in the truck so put them on).... I decided to look to my right in mid-convo with Veronica and YOU...YOU...YOU let this be the exact same moment that the old, large, gross man on the first floor who I have never seen before would be deciding to stand NAKED in his kitchen making a sandwich....

so THANKS for making sure this was not on the day I had random blurry vision so that I was allowed to see enough of this man to decide I will fast for the next 5 days... guess I needed to drop a few pounds anyway... also a reminder why I'll never watch the movie Borat again...

Keep aligning things the way they just need to be for me!

Cheers! Rock OUT! God Bless,
m.

1 comment: