Saturday, September 12, 2009

a great day

tonight was a very awesome birthday really.

woke up this morning (i slept in as late as humanly possible first). not happy about 24. i mean i hate even numbers for one... 23 was kind of a fun age really... sounds fun anyways, but twenty-four... ugh... and what have i really done with my life at this point...? almost 25 and i was hoping to have myself pretty established in whatever way i chose by that point and it feels quite quite far away... nevertheless i cant really freeze time and get my stuff done... i'm now 24. SO... with that... i had a laugh over cereal this morning about several funny things that happened in my year of 23... great... to terrible. i played some drums today and again was reminded how RUSTY i am. i almost dont want to call myself a drummer anymore because of my lack of improvement... i mean how many years have i been playing anyways??? sad... oh well.. i watched 16 candles because i love 80s movies and yes i was being a little mopey about my bday haha last night i watched the Friends where rachel turned 30 and sympathized ;)... today i was showered with sweet happy birthdays from family and friends. THANK you btw! so then i started getting ready for tonight's dinner!

my parents took us (jason, candice, aiden, brandee, jarrod, krissy, katie, josh, and i) to eat at TOKYO japanese grill :) it was an absolute blast and totally worth the wait and the crammed seating we all had so that we could enjoy sitting at the same grill. SO fun to watch Aiden and Krissy when the chef was doing his fire tricks and such hehehe. Aiden kept saying FIRE FIRE FIRE and Krissy looked pretty nervous. they were so cute and sweet tonight telling me happy birthday tons of times :) Brandee and Jason both tried sushi for the first time! i was VERY impressed with this and apparently Bran liked it enough to want to try it more. YAY!! i will totally capitalize on this while i am still home cause i need a sushi buddy :)

as a selfish birthday wish (hehehe) i gave everyone the length of dinner to come up with one fact about themselves that i didn't know. this was super fun and turned out to be my favorite thing of the day :) i would share these stories and details but then i would have to kill you, or maybe they would kill me first!! hehehe KATIE still owes me one!!

after dinner Katie, Josh, and i rushed to our movie to see the Gamer. a good movie. action packed and interesting. kinda made my head hurt though, and if you see it you will understand why. it had some blair witch/cloverfield movement issues that made watching on the big screen a little straining on the eyes. but gerard butler is a hottie nonetheless so i enjoyed it thoroughly :) then we went to sertino's coffee for an hour or more to hang out and chat! this is a fun place and i really enjoyed talking and laughing with katie and josh.

(SIDE NOTE) so back in summer of 2006 while hanging with veronica, johnny, and ben we were at the starbucks in barnes and noble and an older couple were there. the man was being rude to a younger girl there for being disruptive (at first i thought it was his granddaughter then realized it was a stranger to him) and me being... well... me... decided it was rude of him to call this young girl out in that manner so i was being obnoxious and saying innaprop things out loud... okay maybe a little too loud like penis and such.. hahaha yeah i know me saying (yelling) the word penis totally unexpected huh? hahaha... not really... one of my fave things to do to my friends around that time in college haha they would get sooo embarrassed! ANYWAYS i was just being rude and junk and the old guy was giving me dirty looks...

wellllll i have been seeing this same old couple in beaumont lately and saw them tonight hehehe. they are actually kinda funny and most likely just people watchers. they were cute leaving sertino's pinky in pinky :) i said i would shed a tear if i could freakin manifest one! ugh thats a frustration of mine. but they were pretty cute and i was sorry for being rude 3 years ago to them... hmm...

okay so this is a long post because i am happy and rambly... 23... got my first tattoo.. lost approx 10 lbs., gained it back, and lost it again ha *shakes fist in air*... boarded a pirate ship... discovered a beer that i actually like drinking (wheat beers... huh... whodathunk it?)... started my first professional film acting and played my first lead shakespearean role... increased on my addiction to vampires with seeing twilight/starting to watch trueblood.... got a puppy.... trip to ER cause my ovaries suck. met a guy named christopher robin (robin hood anyone?)... saw the musical WICKED... busted my tail in the kitchen... actually fell down a lot really... waited tables for the first time and totally dropped a tray of soup! said the f word in front of my mom or did she say it first??? (OOPS sorry Candy)... uh you know... normal 23 yr old stuff to do.

24 here i come.... ugh... :)

LOVE you guys, ROCK out, God Bless, and sweet dreams....
m.
(rocket gave me bday kisses before bed hehehe but then he bit my ear... OUCH)

No comments:

Post a Comment