Monday, May 25, 2009

you can QUOTE me on that...

i like quotes. witty ones. inspiring ones. famous ones. crazy ones... i like words. 

my friend Veronica says "words create reality." 

the point of this particular blog post is that i am going to start collecting quotes. i would love it if you would post some of your favorites in the comment box also paaa-lease!!! :) they can be from ANYTHING. the Bible. music lyrics. something funny Krissy said. a movie. a favorite book. a book you hate. something a stranger said in the blip of a conversation you heard while walking past. anything... i'll post blogs here and there with these quotes.

so here are just a few to get started with...

Sometimes I wish that I was the weather, you'd bring me up in conversation forever. And when it rained, I'd be the talk of the day. 
-John Mayer

Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people from coughing. 
-Sir Ralph Richardson 

Forbidden to remember. Terrified to forget.
-Twilight Series: New Moon (i read this sentence so many times when i came across it... wow)

I will examine the psychological lint in my belly button.
-Mrs. Mac (one of my college theatre professors in reference to taking too long to "think" in a scene)

Life's a bitch, if it were a slut it'd be easy.
-I don't know who said it, but its funny. :)

Many a false step is made by standing still. 
-A Veronica quote from a Fortune Cookie

It's like candy, but with blood, which makes it so much better.
-Grey's Anatomy

Everything will be okay in the end. If its not, its not the end yet.
-A friend of mine, Chelsea

I love acting. It is so much more real than life.
-Oscar Wilde

In the silence of the night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people.
-Judy Garland

Peeper: "Hinesight is always 57..."
Allison: "You mean... 20/20?"
Peeper: "Wait...HAHA I was thinking Heinz 57!"
-Peeper Fowler ladies and gentlemen :) I love her! 

To do a great right do a little wrong.
-William Shakespeare Merchant of Venice

Do you not know I am a woman? When I think, I must speak."
-William Shakespeare As You Like It
(i will try to limit myself to one Shakespeare per post eeep... maybe)

i hope that everyone had a relaxing weekend. today a group of friends and i went canoeing for a few hours and then to eat at my new favorite mexican food restaurant in Austin. Trudy's :) its great food at a cheap price! my sunburn from today is funny and splotchy in places from my lack of care whilst reapplying sunscreen mid-ride. it was a nice day. :)

Rock OUT, Loads of LOVE, God Bless, and Cheers!
m.

8 comments:

  1. "If you don't behave, your ass is grass, and I'm the lawnmower!" - any mom in east texas about to beat the tar out of her child. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was it Krissy said all serious one night? "I dont know what your saying and it isn't even funny" or how about "tell Santa I want a diarrhea with a lock" for Christmas when she was 3 yrs old and I finally figured she wanted a diary with a lock. BTW I can never spell that word diarrea? diarrhea?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun is the best revenge. --Beverly Hills 90210 (the original of course)

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way that quote by Chelsea is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do remember krissy saying that!!! the first one i think was actually "thats not funny and it DONT make sense" hehehehe

    veronica, 90210!? really heheheh good one though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 quotes. We're using them all over our wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious. -Oscar Wilde

    The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it. -George Bernard Shaw

    I wanted the Sorting Hat to pick Slytherin because I really wanted Harry to be BAD. -you lol

    When did lemons learn the same creed as the sun? When did smoke learn how to fly? -Pablo Neruda

    and last but certainly not least,

    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    -Oscar Wilde

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha JESS YOU QUOTED ME!!! yay!!! i did want the sorting hat to pick slytherin and i still wish it had!!!

    ReplyDelete